AirShaper, available through the website app.airshaper.com, is the trade name of Zastrugi NV under which it offers an aerodynamics simulation platform. Zastrugi NV is a data controller of your information. Zastrugi NV is a company, established and registered in Belgium, with registered office at Leopold De Vriestraat 20, 2600 Berchem with registration number 0670623455; VAT BE 0670623455.
You can contact AirShaper by:
Hereafter AirShaper will be named "We", "Us", "Our"
The website app.airshaper.com will be named "Site".
A customer or visitor of the Site will be named "You".
The employees, agents or mandataries of AirShaper will be named "Personnel"
You and AirShaper together will be called the "Parties".
The agreement specifically for the AirShaper Service will be called the "Service Agreement"
We understand that privacy is an important issue for visitors to Our Site, and Your privacy is equally important to Us. This Policy, which is not part of Our page Terms and Conditions, covers the treatment of the personal data We collect when You visit the Site. This Policy is drawn up in accordance with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
What are Your rights?
- The right to access. You have the right to obtain information about Our processing and purpose of Our processing of Your personal data and a copy of Your personal data that We store.
- The right to rectify Your data. You have the right to request that We update Your personal data if it is inaccurate or incomplete.
- The right to request data erasure. You have the right to have Your personal information erased from Our files whenever Your data is no longer necessary for any purpose such as the purpose for which it was collected. You can also use Your right to request data erasure whenever You withdraw Your consent and no other legal basis for the processing of Your data exists or whenever Your fundamental rights to data privacy and protection outweigh Our legitimate interest in continuing Our processing. The erasure of Your data is not unconditional, and the request can be refused for operational, legal and business reasons. This can, for example, happen if You remain a customer for whom We need to provide services or if You wish Us to no longer contact You for marketing purposes. In the latter case, We can't simply erase all of Your information because We'll need some of Your information to facilitate Your request by keeping You on a ‘do not contact' or suppression list.
- The right to restrict. You have the right to restrict Our processing when one of the following applies: the processing of Your data is unlawful, You contest the accuracy of Your personal data, We don't need Your data anymore for the purpose that they were initially collected for or pending the verification of Your objection to Our processing (more precisely pending the verification whether Our legitimate grounds override Your interests).
- The right to object to processing. You have the right to object to Our processing if We are using Your data for direct marketing (including profiling) or processing Your data for purposes of scientific or historical research and statistics.
- The right to data portability. You have the right to copy, transfer, or move personal data.
- The right to withdraw consent. You have the right to withdraw consent whenever You want.
- The right to lodge a complaint. If You think We have processed Your personal information unfairly or unlawfully, or We have not complied with Your rights under GDPR, You have the right to complain to a national data protection authority: https://www.dataprotectionauthority.be/
How can You exercise these rights?
You have to contact Us on email@example.com whenever You want to use one of the rights summed up above. To ensure that the request is made by the right person, We ask You to give proof of Your identity by sending Us a copy of the front side of Your identity card (to avoid anyone else exercising Your rights). If necessary, We may ask for additional information to allow Us to individually identify You.
What are Your Obligations?
- The obligation to provide Your personal data. The provision of personal data is necessary to enter into a contract; therefore, You are obliged to provide Your personal data. Otherwise, You will not enter into a contract and We are not going to be able to provide Our services.
- The provided personal data must be ‘sufficient and correct'. This implies also the obligation to update Your personal data whenever a change occurs. g. whenever You receive another bank account.
Which personal data do We collect?
We collect and process the following data when You create an account: Your first name, name, email address (work), phone number (work) and password. If You are a company, We will, also process and collect Your company name, address, and VAT-number.
In order to carry out the required payment, You will need to share Your payment details with Our payment provider STRIPE, with registered office at The One Building, 1 Grand Canal Street Lower, Dublin 2, Co. Dublin, Ireland, VAT-number IE513174, www.stripe.com.
We may collect and ask for additional information when You order, purchase, register, subscribe or make use of Our products or services in any way, for example in person, via Our marketing campaigns, via phone or mail order, or Our websites. This does not mean that You cannot object. You can volunteer to disclose additional information that may not be essential for Us to deliver a service to You. But by providing Your personal data You help Us to ensure We communicate with You in a way that is most relevant, useful and engaging for You.
We do not track or collect any sensitive information about You. This includes race, religion, ethnicity, and political opinion.
Individuals under the age of 13
We do not intentionally, or knowingly, process personal information from individuals under the age of 13. We will also ask You to confirm that You are older than 13 years old whenever You create an account or proceed to payment. If You confirm wrongly that You are at least 13 years old, We will delete any details of You as soon as We are (made) aware of this.
This title does not apply when consent is given or authorized by the holder of parental responsibility for the child.
Why are We processing and collecting Your personal data?
First of all, under the GDPR the processing of Your personal data is lawful under the following different bases:
- You give Your consent
- Necessary for the execution of the contract
- Necessary for compliance with a legal obligation
- Necessary in order to protect Your vital interests or the vital interests of another natural person
- Necessary for the purposes of the legitimate interests of AirShaper
We primarily use Your personal data as first name, surname, email address and if You are a company Your company name, address and VAT-number too for the purpose of delivering and invoicing the products and services that You have chosen and to personalize Our interactions with You. In other words, We are processing Your personal data because it is necessary to execute Our contract. The following forms of processing are ‘necessary to execute Our contract':
- To fulfill Your orders and contracts with Us, this includes the processing needed by Our specialized payment providers
- To send You service notifications related to Your product or service such as password resets and order confirmations.
- To manage customer service queries and complaints.
- To send You administrative emails about Your account, reminders for upcoming events, service changes, or new policies. These updates, changes and notifications are essential for the services that You have selected.
- To manage Your privacy preferences and to ensure You only receive communications that You have requested, which may include using Your details to suppress You from communications.
As mentioned above We can rely on other bases than the processing necessary to execute Our contract or the processing after getting Your consent. So, in certain cases We may process Your information where necessary to further Our legitimate interests, on the condition that those legitimate interests are not overridden by Your rights or interests:
- To prevent fraud and for other security-related purposes such as to help Us protect against harassment, IP infringement, crime or other security issues some of Your information can also be processed without Your consent, for example, Your name, address or bank account.
- To prevent users from posting illegal, offensive or objectionable comments on Our Site.
- To measure customer and user response and engagement with Our products and services such as online content, email newsletters, and offers. This may include sharing Your information with third parties who help Us to analyze and measure these things.
- To ensure Our products (including websites and apps) are compatible with the browsers and operating systems used by most of Our visitors.
- To help Us improve Our customer and user experience and to support in new product development We may send customer satisfaction surveys and market research questionnaires.
- To further Our legitimate interests when You use the online tool to measure the aerodynamics of Your 3D-model. These legitimate interests are the same as those enumerated here.
The personal data that We collect for Our legitimate interests are every personal data mentioned under the title ‘'Which personal data do We collect?".
Whenever We intend to further process the personal data for a purpose other than that for which the personal data were collected, We will ask for Your consent for the processing of Your data if the processing doesn't fall under the other possible lawful bases (as mentioned in the list above from point 2 to 5).
How do We collect Your personal data?
We collect Your data in different ways. First of all some of Your personal data is collected whenever You use Our products and services, e.g. You create an account and give Us some of Your personal data, You make a payment to Us and to do this You give Us some of Your personal data. In order to deliver a ‘tailored' service and in order to improve Your experience We also collect information about You through Cookies and other technologies. Examples of the type of information We may collect are:
- Email provider
- The pages You read on Our websites and how You got to them
- IP address
- Internet connection
- Location (in some cases)
We need Your consent to use and analyze Your information on an automated basis for profiling purposes. The automated processing is needed in order to make an advertisement that is personalized to Your interests. That consent must be under GDPR freely given, specific, informed and unambiguous. To get Your consent We will ask You if You wish to opt-in of such profiling based on automated processing.
You have the right to object at any time to the automated processing or the processing in general of Your personal data that is used for audience profiling.
To enable Us to personalize the content and advertising You see (including on social media), We may use Your interaction and browsing behavior or preferences (such as how and what You read on Our websites) to create audience profiles. This is to enable content and message personalization, and in some cases, advertising to be delivered to You or a group of users (an audience) with similar interests to You. This can be done both on Our Site and on those of third parties.
We may analyze Your individual information to create a profile of Your interests and preferences as a part of an audience. These insights are used to help Us make marketing decisions so that We can ensure Our messages are relevant to You.
Marketing and advertising
We need Your consent to use Your information for some specific purposes such as marketing, brand response communications, and personalized advertising. Ways in which We will use Your information if You consent, are as follows:
- We may send marketing communications via a range of channels including email and push notifications and You can opt-out of these at any time. If You give Us marketing permission, We may contact You to tell You about Our special offers and related or similar products or services.
- In order to deliver advertising and marketing messages that are relevant to You, We may use the information We hold about You including details that We collate from Your use of Our services or third parties, such as more precise information on Your location or Your company's profile (i.e. company name, company size), to ensure that the advertising You see is of interest to You.
We will ask You if You wish to opt-in of such marketing when You first sign up to receive Our products or services. You can also update Your preferences by contacting AirShaper (see ‘About AirSaper'). You can also unsubscribe from Our marketing emails. This does not apply to important service notifications such as payment confirmations (as covered in the section above) or where We have some other legal basis for contacting You.
How do We work with third parties?
Information We receive from third parties
We occasionally work with third parties who provide additional information that You have shared with them, such as Your telephone number and postal address. Some third parties may also share further information about Your interaction on Our sites to help Us personalize Our services to You or to help Us make marketing decisions. This includes advertising (by Ourselves or via advertising partners) to groups of people with particular interests. These third parties may give Us access to Your personal information if You have allowed them to do so.
We may also work with third parties to identify individuals who may be interested in Our products and services or in some cases Our sponsors/ advertisers' products and services. These third parties may give Us access to Your personal information if You have allowed them to do so. In any communication You receive from us, through these third parties, We make sure to identify ourselves (and them) so that You know who has access to Your information.
Sharing personal data with third parties
In some instances, We disclose personal information to third parties when it is necessary to deliver a service or product, when it's in the legitimate interest of a third party as indicated at "legitimate interests" or to help Us improve Your experience with Us, or when We are required to do so by contract or law. "Third parties" include agents, subcontractors, sponsors and other associated organizations. Some examples of when We share Your information are below:
- When We send You an email or a push notification, these may be delivered by marketing platforms. As part of this service, certain information such as message opens, clicks and formatting are recorded to help deliver the best email experience.
- When We test and launch new products, services or offers, We may work with trusted third parties to support us.
- We also employ third parties to carry out statistical analyses and conduct surveys on Our behalf, to support Our advertising and content production efforts respectively.
- To provide information for auditing purposes by official regulators.
- To enhance Your profile with non-personal information.
- To enable third parties such as advertisers or sponsors to contact You with information about their own products and services that may be of interest – only if You give explicit permission for Us to do so.
- To enable third parties to support Us in executing Our contract with You.
Storing and transferring information internationally
As the internet is a global environment and We work with third parties across the globe, collecting and using Your personal information may involve the transfer of this information internationally, including outside of the European Union. By using Our products and services You acknowledge and agree to Your personal information being transferred in this way, including to jurisdictions outside the EEA. This procedure takes place in accordance with the GDPR.
Third parties who are advertising on Our Site
Keeping Your information safe
We take information security seriously and have adequate policies and procedures in place for a high level of protection of Your personal data. We limit who has access to Your information and ensure that those who do are bound by contracts to keep Your information availability restricted and safe. If You wish to know more about how We protect Your personal data You can always contact Us on firstname.lastname@example.org .
Retention policy - Retaining and storing Your information
Your personal data will not be kept for longer than it is necessary for the purposes for which they are processed. This means that the retention period differs from purpose to purpose. For example for tax and other financial regulatory reasons, some information will be kept for 7 years. The necessity of the retention will be reviewed every three months. When You make an account, You provide Us Your first name, name, email address (work), phone number (work) and password.
If You request for Us to no longer contact You, for example with marketing communications, We will retain the minimum amount of information about You so that We can ensure We remove You from any future communications. Please note that if You ask Us to completely remove all information about You, and You subsequently use Our products and services at a later date, We will no longer be able to recognize Your previous request to not be contacted.
Whenever the law requires Your consent prior to certain new processing of Your data, We will ask this consent.